License on multi user PC

Hi,

I share a desktop PC with my partner, but we use separate local accounts. I did install the Lightburn software using my local account using the license key I purchased. All is well…

But when my partner launches Lightburn using her account it requests the license key as well.

Since we also have a laptop hooked to the laser cutter as the “dedicated laser PC” I’ve already used my 2 license key activations.

Is it be possible to activate the software for all users on the same PC and have it counted as 1 activation?

Cheers,
Niels

Have a read of this:

The partner can just enter the key again. Since it’s the same physical computer it will still be treated as a single seat.

If you have many users, like a school, and don’t want the hassle of each having to enter the license, Rick’s suggestion above is the way to go. I can’t license all users on the machine without storing the info somewhere global, which would require admin rights to do.

Hi Rick,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I did a search on the forum, but for some reason this didn’t pop up.

Cheers,
Niels

Hi Oz,

Thanks a lot! I understand the reason why this happens. I’ll try the -l parameter in an elevated command prompt as suggested by @Rick.

Cheers,
Niels