License support for DSP

Hello, I have a question about upgrading a license, I bought lightburn for my diode laser a couple of years ago (I’m using Linux btw, not that matters but it works amazing) well the version I have is 1.3.01, I recently bought a second hand co2 laser which I wanted to use in Lightburn, so I tried adding it on the version I had and for my surprise I couldnt find the Ruida connection, I read that if I have the grbl license I cannot add the Ruida unless I buy the DSP support license, that’s fine I don’t mind buying it, but I wanted to test first if it would work with my machine, so I download the newer version 1.6.04 and install it on another machine and test it, it works perfect, so my question here is, if I buy the DSP support for my 1.3.01 would I be able to add the Ruida connection, and also would I be able to update my version to the latest 1.6.04?

Hi Luis,

As I do not want you to share your key here, I would suggest you email your licence key to support@lightburnsoftware.com along with this summary. Then support can have a look at your existing licence, see when it expired for updates and make suggestions on what you need to do.

But from what you’ve already said, bearing in mind I can not check your particular situation, the most likely is that you should renew your licence key here:

then upgrade it here:

All our standard licences come with 3 seats meaning you can run them on 3 different computers of any type we support.

1 Like

Hello, sorry for the late reply, I will do that thanks

I’ve been running with Ruida support since before 1.0, so I’d have to think your 1.3 version should work.

I’m sure @JohnJohn knows.

:smile_cat:

2 Likes

I feel that emailing support with anything related to licensing is the quickest way through.

After the license is expanded to include DSP (Ruida, Trocen etc.), I believe the key enables all previous versions of LightBurn to work. With LightBurn, Ruida control pre-dates GCode control so Ruida control is expected to work all the way back to the earliest versions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.