I have checked in the forums but not found my exact issue (maybe it’s there and I missed it?)
What I am running into is that between LightBurn and the Laser a large portion of burn areas are being dropped out. Specifically areas that have light or medium shading or small burn dots.
I have run MANY tests trying different ways to work around this problem but nothing I have done gets me to where I feel I should be with it.
I’m attaching a test series that I ran that shows how the burn areas drop out somewhere between 30% and 70% darkness depending on the dpi and image mode options. None of them have been able to produce what I feel is a reasonable representation of the images I’m sending to the laser.
In addition I’m attaching a side by side of an image I did next to a print out of the same image to show how much loss is occurring.
This image is black and white only, no grey areas and image mode was set to threshold.
In theory it should have burned all areas where there is black but it completely skips anything that isn’t ‘thick enough’
Things I have tried:
Greyscale images, of resolutions between 600dpi, 300dpi, 150dpi, 72dpi
Half tone images, resolutions between 600dpi, 300dpi, 150dpi, 72dpi and lines per inch of 600, 300, 100, 50, 30
And I have tried various dpi & image modes in lightburn (jarvis, greyscale, threshold, dither, etc) of the above image types.
Nothing gets around the burn loss and all I can ever seem to produce is partial images that lack any fine detail.
I’m using a 100W Laser with a 2" lens. I have considered switching out for a 1.5" lens but I feel that it will not solve this burn loss issue, only make my dark areas crisper.