Light was working but overnight my laser is slamming into end positions. Works ok with GRBL

I’ve been using Lightburn with a Zbaitu gantry laser for about 2 months with no problems. I turned it on today and it starts slamming and jamming into end positions but will Home fine. It seems to think the work piece is much larger than shown on screen and ignoring end position limit switches. The GRBL software still runs laser fine and no issues which is what has me confused. I’ve deleted and reloaded Lightburn plus rebooted computer and it still does the same thing. Any suggestions? It seems like the software got corrupted but keeps the corrupted file even after I deleted and downloaded again from Lightburn. I originally thought it must of been a Homing sensor that went bad but given the GRBL software has no issue it has to be something with Lightburn.

What is the option in “start from” in the “laser” window
If it is not “Absolut Coords” it could be a reason for this.

1 Like

I think @Kuth is on the right track here.

I would be surprised if the machine has a full set of limit machines. To help prevent the slamming, should you have a mistake in your part positioning, we can do a little diagnostic work.

In the Console window, enter $$ to see your GRBL parameter settings. Now copy from $20 to $22 and paste in your reply.