What is the procedure for offline activation users of the software?
Also, since I can have two installs, can I just leave the current install on one of my laptops and install the update version of the second laptop, so if the new updates crashes, I still have a working version on the second laptop?
FYI since no where does it show the actual process for the initial offline install, here is what I had to do:
- Download the software from an internet connected computer (I used my office work computer, 20 miles from home.)
- Saved file to thumb drive.
- Copied file to offline computer dedicated to laser engraver.
- Installed program on offline computer and enter the Lightburn DSP license key that was emailed to me.
- Under registration I selected “offline activation”. This creates a new file that must be saved back to the thumb drive with a .ofr suffix file name. Drove from home to work.
- On my office computer I emailed the saved file with my license number to Lightburn.
- Lightburn emailed back a file with a .dat file extension. I copied this back to the thumb drive. (Drove home) and under activation loaded this file and it was fully activated.
Not sure if I will need to go through this whole procedure again for each update during the 365day free update period.
My two shop laptops, one dedicated to the laser and one dedicated to the CNC, will never get connected to the internet, so I can’t search for updates on them and will always need to do an offline activation. I don’t have internet at home but can check emails on iphone.