LightBurn 0.9.08 (and now 0.9.09) - An early holiday gift for our users

I have image thumbnails added to the next release already. I considered including it in this patch (released a moment ago) but I’m going to be playing a little safer for a while.

I’ve updated the top post to include these, but one last patch was released (I hope and pray). These are the changes:

• Scale handles for vertical or horizontal lines are fixed
  • A missing VCRuntime installer was added to the 32 bit version
  • Show Last Position was not working consistently on some GCode devices with the recent jogging changes - this is fixed
  • The enable flags for ‘water protect’ were discovered to be reversed (Laser1 & Laser2) - would not affect you if you’ve never changed them in LightBurn
  • Added a setting to override the default network timeout period for Ruida and Trocen devices
  • Center snap has been added for arbitrary path shapes
5 Likes

Hi Oz - I have downloaded 9.09 three times now and am still getting message that an update is available- each time the file is labelled as being the same as the existing one - maybe a name change for minor updates would be a bit clearer - t.e. 9.09a ???
Not a big problem though and am still amazed how you continue to constantly improve what is by far the best laser software on earth!
Good on ya!

If you’re still getting that message, you likely haven’t installed the download. Yes, it has the same number, no I didn’t change the filename because the changes were small, and changing the filename means changing links all over the place. Just changing the content means I change one thing instead of 5 (per OS).

Delete any LightBurn 0.9.09 downloads you have and try it again. The version check works - if you’re seeing that message you haven’t installed the patch yet. I won’t be doing this again except in reasonably extraordinary cases - the number of “but I already have this version” messages took way more time than updating all the version links would have.

Thanks for that Qz - Bizarrely - I just reopened LB again and there’s now no warning!!
Must be either me losing my mind or the gremlins that lurk in computer corners doing their bit.
Cheers!!

FILLETS. Beautiful.

I was hoping against hope for pages but I guess that’s a big one. Think I’m out of updates now

There’s a relatively simple fix for that: Renew your existing LightBurn License Key – LightBurn Software

1 Like