LightBurn 1.0.04, built Sat 2021-10-02 @ 15:40 Mac Bug Back

Good evening. I’m running Mac Big Sur 11.6 and LightBurn 1.0.04, built Sat 2021-10-02 @ 15:40 and I connect to my Ruida controller via USB. The last version that I could run with no errors was 0.9.24. I did have lots of luck with 1.0.03, it never errored out on me, but I don’t know if that was just luck since 1.0.04 came out so quickly.

Same malfunction as before, it burned about 9 minutes of a job then errored out. I’ve uploaded the file that triggered the problem. The last thing to burn is the crest on the right, it made it about 80% of the way up the crest when it died.

I know this is a known bug, but I hope that reporting it can give some insight and bring the reliability of the software back.

I did notice one other difference in operation. The tool layers behave differently. The “Frame” toggle would cause the origin to orient itself where the operator chose, but the “frame” button that outlines the work wouldn’t follow the frame before. It was very helpful to check for centering. With 1.0.04, the “frame” button will follow the tool layer objects. Was that intentional?

2021 10 13 Beasley Lamp.lbrn (218.4 KB)

I just ordered the LightBurn Bridge. Looking forward to putting it through it’s paces. Sounds like an ambitious project.

1 Like