Lightburn 1.2.01 crashes Mac OS Monterey 12.4

Hi. Newbie here.

We are just starting with Lightburn, using version 1.2.01. Mac OS 12.4 is being used to run the Lightburn software.

After varying amounts of time in Lightburn, the Mac OS crashes and must be hard reset. It happens randomly (i.e. not when any particular function in Lightburn is being used). It’s really impossible to get thru a Lightburn drawing session.

Any ideas/fixes?

Thanks,

Brian

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. LightBurn should not crash. Are you presented with an error or crash report when this occurs? We want and need to see this report to assist in tracking down the issue.

Thank you, we understand. Yet, there may be clues hidden in what may seem unimportant or trivial, so please do share more about what you were doing when this happens. You mention that it is difficult to complete a drawing task. What are you drawing? How? What are the step-by-steps taken while drawing the thing? What drawing tools are you using? Filling out the picture with as much as you can, will help us to ‘see’ what may be going on or gain greater clues as we track and discover. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the timely engagement Rick. Nice to know I’m working with such a proactive company. I’ve attached some screen shots showing what I’m doing and the last three crash report screen shots. The file is an imported .dxf that I have eliminated duplicates, experimented with a fill layer, grouped segmented lines, etc. I do get a filled shapes not closed error, which I haven’t figured out how to resolved, so I’ve clicked thru on continue to go on the Preview. Thanks again for your help.

I am not fully understanding what may be happening here. These reports are not identifying LightBurn. In my searching for “macOS WindowServer crash reports”, I am finding inconclusive topics and nothing official from Apple. I share some links below:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253316950?page=1

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254010585

We would like to review these reports in detail, if you are willing to share. :slight_smile:

Of course. It’s a .ips file that the forum is not allowing me to upload. A .jpeg of the copied file is attached.

Also, there could well be something to the HDR YouTube cause. Being new, I’ve been watching YouTube tutorials while Lightburn is open.

Thanks again for assisting!

Thank you. You can append .txt to the end of your file and that should allow upload.

I also note the following from these links worth review,

UPDATE 2021-11-11: Several of us have resolved this by disabling an app that hides menu bar icons and similar functionality (such as Bartender, Dozer, Vanilla). Give this a go, and let us know in the comments if it works for you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.