Lightburn 1.4.05 grey min power button

Hello guys, Im totaly new here and its my first time with lightburn and laser engraver. I try to make something step by step from yt movies, but my min power button is still greyed. Can somebody help me please?
Grbl, longer ray5 20w

Minimum power for G code machines is only active when using ‘Grayscale’ image mode.

1 Like

previously I only worked with Corel and a plotter. Here the road will be more winding here, but I won’t give up. It’s good to know that good people will try to help :slight_smile: maybe it’s stupid, but how to enable grayscale mode? Or i have to start on image type?
Sorry for my eng, im from poland

Ultimately, I want to take portraits in stone. I see that I have lot of work and much to learn :slightly_smiling_face:

One way is to…

• Select the image
  • Right-click on the image
  • Select Adjust Image

There you’ll find a drop-down for Image Mode. Choose grayscale from that list to enable the minimum power. The darkness of the image will determine the laser output power.

1 Like

You may also want to experiment with different dither methods to see what looks best to you on your material with your laser.

1 Like

Thanks man! I will try and let you know how it went :upside_down_face:

You should be able to set the image dither in the cut/layer edit window… Double click on the layer in the cut/layer window.

Have fun

:smile_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.