Lightburn 3 months old

I have contact with someone who has bought lightburn 3 months ago, and now has to pay again because her registration has expired, that’s not right??

You are correct - that’s not right, as in, no one who has purchased a license key (from us, at least) would be required to pay again 3 months later.

Having her email us at support@lightburnsoftware.com with the key so we can figure out what’s going on would be much more effective than getting an unrelated 3rd person to complain to us on our forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Staff, you were right, she didn’t tell me that activation was a year old, sorry for my question, she thought it was a one time purchase, didn’t realize it was for a year.

For clarity, this is worth review to understand how the LightBurn License works.

You pay once, the software will work forever as long as you have your license key. If you want updates and access to new releases, beyond the first year, you can purchase a renewal to stay current. Read below for the details.

It is a one time purchase - like a microwave, dishwasher, car, etc - you purchase once and it works for as long as you have it. Unlike the others, you get free updates for the first year you own it, and updates after that first year are considerably cheaper than purchasing it again.

I’ve never understood why people believe a one time purchase fee for software should enable them free access to any additional development, when nothing else in the world works this way.

We’ve had a decent number of people upset when they find out it’s only updated for a year and then they have to pay more. Thankfully most customers understand why it works this way and are supportive.

We do get some odd ones though - Someone recently emailed to complain that we released two updates (1.0.03 and .04) just a week after his key expired, and that was making him reconsider whether he’d be renewing at all. I mean, how dare us fix bugs quickly, without checking if that one customer’s key was about to expire. People are weird.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.