Lightburn Bridge: device found but not added to devices-list

Lightburn v. 1.2.0.4
MacBook Pro M1 Mac OS 12.6
LightBurnBridge-v1.0-RC4

…everything seems to be work fine until i click ‘Finish’ (=add device) and it is just not added to the list of devices - how can i add my laser via the Bridge to Lightburn?:

That’s odd. Try creating the device manually to see if it sticks.

…thank you for your reply and the suggestion…

…unfortunately the laser is in another building and i am connected only via network - as far as i can see there is no option to add a - via Lightbridge - networked laser manually:

I think I see what’s going on. Seems you’re not licensed for DSP controllers. You can confirm this by going to Help->License Management.

Normally you’d pick “Ruida” for Controller type and then select “LightBurn Bridge” as the connection type.

…ah! - wow! - i was not aware that there are different licenses…

…i bought Lightburn years ago when i bought a controller board for my K40 - but had never used it as i never got around to install the board (which is safe&originally packaged in some drawer)…

…thank you very much for the pointer! - i’ll check to see where i can get the required license…

It’s up to 3 now: gcode, DSP, Galvo

Have you heard of Meerk40t. It’s an alternative control software for K40 machines. One interesting feature is that it can act as a Ruida controller. In that case you will be able to connect LightBurn to Meerk40t acting as a Ruida and control your K40 that way. Don’t know how well it works, however.

I’m sure you’ll have found it but in case you cannot, here’s a link to the upgrade page:
LightBurn Software - Add DSP devices to existing license

…again: thank you very much! - you were spot on…

…with the DSP-license added everything works as expected - however, now i have another ‘problem’ :face_with_peeking_eye:

…i’ll do the cleanup later this day…

…thank you for the additional suggestion/info - i’ll check those also tonight…

…i have now (quickly) browsed over some information and videos and it seems this is another very useful tip from you - thank you again!..

…i might try and setup my K40 (which needs a proper re-adjustment also) with MeerK40T on another Raspberry Pi - nice project for the slower winter-time…added to my already-huge-ever-growing-pile-of-projects