LightBurn Bridge LightBurn Camera integration?

It needs to be able to talk to the Internet to download the updated software.

Is it connected to the Internet?

:smile_cat:

Well, that is a good question. LightBurn Bridge is connected to my WiFi but I don’t know if it is also connected to the internet. How would I check and if not any suggestions on how to get around that?

I’ll work on figuring that out after work but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

If you see it on your local lan, it should be able to talk to the Internet…

The failing IP is also listed…

Seems to be an issue, I found a few of these with an internet search … might look at this… some persistence, ranging over a couple of years.

@JohnJohn might be able to assist…

You could look here and see if there is any kind of resolution… this link looks like it’s from 2015…

Good luck

Thanks! I’ll let you know how it goes.

Weird…when I got home after letting it run for a while everything worked to load it up. I need to do some more troubleshooting since when I go to http://lightburnbridge.local:8080/?action=stream I get the Safari can’t connect to the server error. No camera connected yet, but that shouldn’t matter. I will dig into things and read through this thread again to see if I can figure it out.

Still working on getting this to work. My RP is talking to the internet. I have a camera installed but nothing is showing at http://lightburnbridge.local:8080/?action=stream. I get the message that safari cannot connect to the Server. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Dave

How do you know this?

Can you see it on your lan?

1 Like

Yes I can see it. The ping command shows it is reaching out to websites. I also installed the software as I worked through the tutorial.

Can you ssh into it?

Did you change the Ruida IP address from it’s 10.0.3.3?

Yes. MacBook connects to the Lightburn Bridge and controls the laser fine. I followed the tutorial steps and it seems to install fine but when I go to http://lightburnbridge.local:8080/ I get Cannot Connect to Server.

I did use Angry IP Sniffer and it shows my LB Bridge to be on port 80. Switching to that doesn’t change anything though.

Well, I made a little progress just now by restarting the RPi. I can get the attached to show up on OBS, which is just the Lightburn Bridge splash screen.

Not exactly sure how I got it running but it seems the resolution was off and that was the problem. I have is at 3840x2160 currently and it is working well. I will keep you updated as I trey to set up lightburn camera.

NOW! :neutral_face: I get the stream working in OBS and the virtual camera can be seen by Chrome and on the Zoom app so I know it is working, but not Lightburn. I just see my built in FaceTime and iPhone camera. Tried restarting everything but it still wont show up. Looking for some hints as I scroll through the internet.

Thanks!

How did you setup bridge i cannot seem too

I think the laserCamera would be a good choice (simpler).

To be clear, since it looks like most of the people in this topic have Ruida controllers, the Mintion Lasercam is NOT compatible with your Ruida controller.

The LightBurn Bridge provides a WIFI connection to the Ethernet port of your Ruida controller.

The Mintion Lasercam provides a WIFI connection to the USB port of your GRBL controller.

I guess you could probably still use a Mintion Lasercam with your Ruida laser, either plugged directly into your PC as a kind of substitute LightBurn camera, or perhaps for time lapse recordings etc, but with no ability to control the laser.

There is a good review here of the Mintion Lasercam by Ryan (Buster Beagle 3D), and I appreciate it that at 5:03 he specifically warns against using this device to operate your laser remotely, a safety concern LightBurn would emphatically agree with since we don’t want your house to burn down!

Their seems to be an Error 24 issue with the Wifi using the Mintion camera same place at start of burn. Ferrite coils added to all leads so not Interference . Interface issues with Wifi Air interface . Dose any one have same issue Machine Falcon2 22w

Thanks to Nicholas Leqeta and the Support Team for their insights on GRBL compatibility and the importance of safety with wireless controls. When using the Mintion Lasercam for the convenience of wireless control, it’s crucial to continuously monitor the live video feed from the camera and maintain a safe distance from the engraving machine to address emergencies promptly. This approach allows us to enjoy the benefits of wireless control and monitoring—keeping us away from laser and smoke, protecting our eyes and lungs, and avoiding the inconvenience caused by physical barriers—all while ensuring our safety. Additionally, I’m looking forward to LightBurn’s upcoming feature, “Custom IP Camera Support,” which promises to enhance our engraving efficiency and safety with more flexible monitoring options.

I found in this post that Error 24 might be related to the machine configuration (specifically, the “streaming mode”) in LightBurn. I hope this information can help

Can you elaborate on that please Didnt think their was options only baud rate

Maybe “Synchronous” mode works fine.