Lightburn camera alignment issues

ok so I have created a mount for my camera (lightburn camera) the is hanging from the ceiling because my K40’s lid was going to be a pain and i wanted to make sure it was not shifting somehow but for some reason it wont stay aligned. the only thing that I can think of is the camera is shifting in the mount ( also the lightburn provided) any thoughts?

Is it possible that the camera remains secure while the K40 or the table the laser is placed on shifts? That would make more sense then the camera in the ceiling moving or shifting.

Just a thought. Do you have any photos of your setup?

:beers:

Sasquatch

I have about 2 mm movement in the X direction of my lid in my K40 but have compensated for it. Try sending a picture.

so after some more experimentation I have discovered its when I unplug the camera from my laptop
if it stays plugged in then I have no issues with loosing the alignment

I’d recommend reading these instructions:

It is very difficult to understand the exact situation you are facing. It is best to send us a picture in the post where you are adjusting the camera for the perfect alignment. By the way how exactly is your lid creating a problem?.

Ok sorry for the delayed reply but after some experimenting I have determined that its not the camera that was the issue it was the fact that my Y axis is getting misaligned during the alignment cut. the only way that I have found to “fix” this issue is to slow down the speed. now the question is how to make it so that it does not “skip” at speeds more then 45mm. any ideas I have already checked the tension of the belts.

Lower the acceleration setting, increase the Y motor current, or possibly both. The C3D ships with settings that are a bit conservative.

Holy crap that worked bumped up the current and presto all fixed Oz you are awesome thanks for the help and the patience with the noob :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.