Lightburn Camera Calibration card and tutorial

I have two problems I have with the calibration for the Lightburn Camera, that I hope some of you can answer:

1. The Calibration Sheet is expected to print on some “default size” dimensions, but opening it in any painting program in windows causes it to print in whatever the paper size that I have installed in my printer, which is different than I see in the videos. I can change the scaling to make it print in a specific dimensions (x mm by y mm) but that is not stored in the file anywhere. I would guess that it is known by some. Also does that dimension include the white outside margins or just the width and height measured from where outer edges of the circles end?

2. There is a tutorial video posted by Lightburn that shows where and how to position the calibration card through the procedure, but when I went through the steps, it wanted me to hold it in different positions and angles than the Lightburn posted video showed. Is there a more up to date video posted, or is the difference of angle based on whether we choose fisheye (wide-angle) or not? If there is an updated tutorial video, please post a link.

Adam

The absolute dimensions of the pattern are not directly significant other than how they appear in the camera view. However, it’s typically expected to fill roughly half a letter sheet.

More information here:

I believe there are different instructions for fisheye and non-fisheye. While the video is good for explaining the process for capture and tips on how to do it, I’d suggest following the actual prompts in the software.

Also, I haven’t seen it stated elsewhere but I’d suggest focusing the camera to the typical distance you expect to use the camera and hold the card at roughly the same distance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.