Lightburn Camera Filter

I like the Lightburn camera but not having exposure controls caused me all sorts of issues. I got tired of holding cardboard up to block light, etc. so I made a permanent solution.

This is the camera view of my scrap alignment wood before my filter.

without_filter

Now this is the camera view after installing the filter.

Do you have exposure and brightness settings on your camera controls?

1 Like

I’ve not noticed them and saw there was an update. I’ll see if the filter is still necessary.

I remember now. Auto-Exposure is the only option for the LB camera.

I have both Exposure and Brightness controls for my Lightburn 8MP camera. When responding to your post, however, I noticed that while I have Auto Brightness as an option, it doesn’t work automatically. For me, Auto Brightness needs to be disabled so I can use the manual adjustment (which works great).

What operating system are you running on your computer? You need to be on Windows 8 or later to get brightness and exposure controls. So if you are (on Windows 8 or later), what have you set for Camera Capture System under settings?

Without Custom Camera System selected, my camera controls appear this way:

With Custom Camera System selected, my camera controls appear this way:

I have the older camera on OS X. I’ll try messing with the controls to see if manual adjustments now work for the older LB camera.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.