Lightburn Camera Help vs Lightburn Store questions

I’ve seen a lot of posts about what camera to buy. People act a little high and mighty about answering, but Camera Help isn’t very helpful when cross referenced with the shop. It’s not as clear as you’d hope and there are no illustrations to help you decide. For instance:

Help says I can use N75 or N120 with 1.33 aspect ratio. (green)

Store sells W120 (pink) with 2.6 aspect ratio and doesn’t mention anything about N75 (red).
Does this mean the store doesn’t carry the camera I’m suggested or is something here wrong? If so, which one?

Also, the store still lists 2 cameras that it clearly says aren’t even carried anymore (yellow). I get legacy support and stuff, but with all these other factors it doesn’t help things. Perhaps “110 Degree (discountined)” would be a better label for the product.

(purple)

1 Like

I think you’re right…
Cameras have been baffling me for a week or two now.

I think LightBurn might be fighting a four-variable problem here; supply chain causing different shortages at different times, software growing to accommodate new, tested deliverable cameras, the store in the middle - caught in the crossfire - and most importantly the mad dash of early adopters working from home.

You’re on to something here. I’ll try to escalate this…

1 Like

That’s a reasonable response. I hope something comes from this so I can buy the best product, which I’ve decided is Lightburns camera and mount.

Also, I noticed that the Camera Help tool isn’t (sort of) linked to on the product page:

Note that these cameras are exactly as shown, with no enclosure. You will need to produce an enclosure or mount. This camera fits our large camera mount, which we sell separately here: Camera Mount for: 85 or 120W – LightBurn Software

This a link to the enclosure itself.

Documentation for setting up and using the camera can be found here: Redirecting...

This link is about using one, that also includes direction toward Camera Help. It seems like having a direct link to how to choose the right one would be beneficial.

Also note that camera sales are final - we do not accept returns, though we will replace units that are damaged or defective.

This doesn’t add confidence to an already confusing situation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.