LightBurn Camera Mounts

Camera mounts for the 8MP are now available, both for download and for purchase.

2 Likes

printing as I type… thanks so much

hahaha, I’m an idiot… the first thingiverse link on the camera page is not the 8mp mount. scroll down, it’s there. The first one printed beautifully, sadly wrong one. Wonder how many more idiots like me there are

Skip Thingiverse completely - the camera mount files are available for download directly from the camera mount page on our site:

It does say “based on an original design by …” Is that the link you clicked? Might be worth removing that link.

Edit: I’ve altered the page so the Thingiverse link is last, and our link is more clearly marked.

1 Like

haha, yes, exactly what I did… no worries, I have time on my hands. The proper one is printing now

file is flawless, fits perfectly, thank you

So, I gotta ask. (just cuz i’m a newbie)
What do you use a camera for?

@JVL Watch this video

Besides that it helps you see exactly where the laser will engrave 100% of the engraving an/or cut without having to “imagine” where by looking at an outline using the trace feature.

Cheers :beers:

Sasquatch

WOW, That is really cool.
I can see one of those in my future.

1 Like

Ok,
I’m sold.
Looking for Ideas on how you would mount a camera on this set up.

It wouldn’t be simple - The camera needs to be the same distance from the material surface to maintain accuracy, and never move relative to the machine. You would need to mount it to an arm or something that was rigid and attached to the table, with an overhead view of the work surface, and you’d have to calibrate it to the height of your material. If you use multiple thicknesses (which of course you do) you would need to calibrate for each thickness.

The camera feature as written is designed to work with a movable Z bed that raises and lowers, so the material surface is always at the same height. A movable Z head makes it less easy to work with.

Here is an idea using a rigid galvanized pipe.Larger diameter will be more stable. I suggest min of 3/4 x 1”

Mount above your CNC machine.
Screw the combination piece as shown in photo below to your back board then screw a square piece of wood to the piece facing down towards your CNC bed. Mount the camera to the piece of wood.

This should be stable as long as your work table that it’s attached to is stable and not wobbling.

You could install two identical brackets parallel to one another and use one wood board to unite them above your work area . That would be even more secure IMHO.

Cheers and good luck :beers:

Sasquatch

Any idea when the camera mounts for the 8mp 110 camera will be available? Also wondering it it would fit in the 5mp one if I drilled out the camera lens hole?

I print them non-stop, and I think 10 more were just added to stock.

The 5mp mount would not fit:

Where is the file for the 5mp? I believe that’s the camera I have. To be honest I only tired to use it 1 time and it wouldn’t work with my old laptop. That’s been 2 years ago maybe.

The one I downloaded from that link was huge.

I just downloaded from that page, and it’s correct. Are you sure you didn’t grab the 8MP mount?

I must have, I’ll look again.

When do you believe the mounts will be back I stock?