Lightburn camera no image using "Custom Camera System"

Maybe I missed something but my camera still won’t work using the custom camera setting. I’ve gone through the hellscape post and ensured everything was set properly. I’ve also updated to latest lightburn version 1.2.04. What else should I try?

John is there anything else I can do to try and get things working?

Is your Windows up to date?

1 Like

Yes I’m on Windows 10 with latest updates.

This may be a virtue of the different camera drivers abilities to speak to the camera. I don’t have one of these 120N cameras on hand personally to verify, however. Are you able to continue with the default camera driver’s results?

The problem with using the “default camera” is that I can’t adjust brightness or exposure settings and the image is completely blown out.

Does your laser have internal lighting? If so, can you turn it off?

A common reason for the camera blowing out is that the honeycomb is very dark, so if that is the dominant thing in view, and you have a small piece of material sitting on it, the camera sees the large dark area and tries to adjust the lighting accordingly, blowing out the material surface. If you dim the lights in the machine that can help, as can putting more material on the bed, evening out the overall exposure.

It does have lighting and I’ve tried it with the lights on high, low, and off. When the lights are on, regardless of brightness, image is blown out and when lights are off the image is too dark to see.

Still no progress???

You’ll need to control the lighting in your workspace in order to calibrate the camera effectively.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.