LightBurn Camera No Image Win10

Thank you for this update.

Is there any way to see if the actual camera is working? I get the ding and indication in LB under cameras but mine is brand new and I don’t have my fireall or any protections on.

Do you get a picture through the windows native camera application or another camera app?

When I use the camera app I get my laptop camera. Don’t see a way to change it the lightburn camera

When I look (using google) for an answer to this, here are the first two returned to me.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17444/windows-camera-app-webcams-help

i used skype and it shows the camera and video good, so camera works

Not sure if it’s UI thing, but to verify things I used an older version and was a little frustrated that it wasn’t working as a result got click happy and it then allowed selecting a preset or doing the calibration. It wasn’t the standard 1 or 2 clicks. Then updated to the newest version and repeated the click happy process and it worked. If that helps anyone else. :slight_smile:

What was the click happy process? Lol. I don’t even have a video pic in the camera box, just the drop down selection.

Would it be helpful for an admin to use “Quick Assist” to take control of my desktop for troubleshooting? It might help to eliminate user error from the equation…

Has there been any more updates on this we need to try?

No, not at this point. Oz and the team are working on this issue and will provide more information when available.

(Just as an informational side note, we had a large storm blow through that downed trees and cut power for almost an entire week. Things are back now, but this has caused some interruptions. Catching up now…)

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I would like to get this camera working.

My offer remains open to allow an admin remote access to my laptop using “Quick Assist” or similar app.

Honestly the only thing that’s going to help is if I can get a system configured that reproduces the errors, so I can trace things in the debugger and find the cause If you don’t get a preview when you select the camera in LightBurn, there’s not exactly a lot of room for user error there.

For the 140 degree camera from us, something that should work is going to Edit > Settings and choosing ‘Default’ as the capture system instead of ‘Custom’. This won’t work with many non-LightBurn cameras, as they’ll default to lower resolutions, and it won’t get you the brightness or exposure controls.

I get a preview after changing to “default capture system”

What does this mean? Am I going lose function by not using "custom setting?

You only lose the Brightness and Exposure settings, and it will consume a little more CPU than the Custom setting. Everything else should work as expected.

Mine is a lightburn camera, do u want me to change anything on it ? When I select it in the drop down I get the controls just no picture. I’ll try the default change and see what happens

I changed it to default and the video came up

I really want to figure out why the custom library doesn’t work on some computers - it’s absolutely maddening - but without having one of these computers sitting in front of me with a development toolkit on it, it’ll be a lot of back and forth with someone, testing different options with custom builds.

Well I’ve been waiting on my new cpu coming in. So when it does I’ll put lightburn on it and hopefully have no issue :smirk:. If there are any ideas or things u want me to try let me know. It’s been working but I have had to close the software and restarted it a couple times because the image froze on the camera view and wouldn’t let me do anything at all.

Are you using an extension cable at all, or just the cable it came with?