Lightburn camera not showing entire bed

I just set up a Lightburn camera on my Thunder Laser 31/100. The view in Lightburn is only of about 60% of the bed area, in the center. When I ran the test pattern, the test circles were outside of the view of the camera, so I could not calibrate. I’m doing this with the door in the closed position, is that correct? If so, how do I “zoom out” to get a full view of the bed?

Are you able to see the entirely of the bed in the live view in Camera Control window? If not, then you’ll need more vertical height to get more of the bed.

This is often done by opening the door for a door mounted solution.

Note that there’s a minimum height for a given lens and bed size.

No, I am not able to see the entire bed in Camera Control View, not even close…
This is my first laser, and I just got it running this week. So I open the door, capture the view, close the door and run the test pattern, then open the door to calibrate. Is this correct???
Thank you for the help,

Door open or closed doesn’t matter for the lens calibration process.

When you do the camera alignment you will need to position the camera exactly as it will be for all captures.

When you capture the overlay the camera needs to be at the same position as was used during alignment.

After overlay is captured you can close the door as the overlay is not live.

OK, this helps immensely! Thank you very much! I had one other question about the camera regarding cabling… Now that my camera is connected to the USB port, I must use another port (or WiFi) for uploading files to my Ruida Controller, correct? I watched many videos on camera install, but never came across this.

Yes, each device must be plugged in independently. You could also use Ethernet for the Ruida.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.