Lightburn camera problems

I just installed a lightburn camera 8mp 75mm I have followed all install instructions and I am not getting real time video and when I update overlay nothing updates until I shake the laser lid. Also when I click the the trace button I have to shake the lid for it to come on. Is there some thing I missed during the install?

Thanks for any help
Bill

Having to shake the lid is indicative of a connection issue. Have you tested the camera with the camera app of your operating system? Is the connection intermittent?

I tested the camera with the camera app and it works fine. Went back to lightburn and still the same problems. I wonder if it is the new version of lightburn? I even rebooted the computer but that did not help.

I have re installed Lightburn and am still having the same problem. I spoke to an IT guy and he feels it is a Lightburn issue since the camera works on the Windows camera app. Can anyone from Lightburn please help?

Can you please describe / illustrate step by step what you’re experiencing?

I installed a lightburn camera 8mp 75mm I have followed all install instructions and the install went fine . I clicked the save settings button. When I activate the camera I get a picture and the camera freezes. I am not getting real time video and when I click show I get a picture of the overlay. But when I click update overlay nothing updates until I shake the laser lid. Also when I click the trace button I have to shake the lid for it to come on.
I tested the camera with the camera app in windows and it works fine. Went back to lightburn and still the same problems. I even rebooted the computer but that did not help.
I unplugged the laser thinking possible electric interference. I opened Lightburn activated the camera got a picture and the camera froze no live feed same as before.

I have re installed Lightburn and am still having the same problem. I spoke to a local IT guy and he feels it is a Lightburn issue since the camera works on the Windows camera app and I eliminated any electrical interference.

Which version of windows are you running. Ideally, you would be on windows 10. If you are still on windows 7 (or even if you are having problems with windows 10), check this post:

Also, check that you have “Custom Camera System” selected for the Camera Capture System:

I am running windows 10 the camera is set for custom on the setting screen and the camera was purchased from Lightburn. I downloaded and installed the Media Feature Pack re booted the computer and I am still having the same problems.

I have switched the camera setting from custom to default and it appears to be working much better.

The camera was set on custom when I installed it . This may have been the problem. I will keep you updated if any more problems arise.
Thanks Bill

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.