LightBurn Camera usage for a save gcode workflow

Question:
Can a LightBurn supported camera be used for work placement in a save-gcode-to-file arrangment?

Background:
My laser manufacturer (XTool) is finally opening up LightBurn support for my machine (LaserBox Co2) by allowing their proprietary software to be used as a gcode sender. In this flow you do your design in LightBurn, save the gcode to file, and then use their software to push to the machine.

In this arrangement you are relying on absolute positioning in the workspace to make sure your design in LightBurn translates to cut lines on the material where you want them. Since the manufacturer seems to not want to support gcode streaming (I may come up with a man in the middle application that can fake that) or exposing the machines built in camera I would certainly consider purchasing one of LightBurns supported cameras.

I believe this could be made to work.

The biggest challenge will be in completing the “Calibrate Camera Alignment” process. There’s no “Save gcode” mechanism for the alignment process so I suspect you’ll have to do this manually.

Check out this post for how you could go about this:

Once completed I suspect your workflow should work fine with the camera.

Thanks for sending the link that way. When I get time to sit down and really read it I will have a look.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.