Lightburn Camera

Hi, when I use the light burn camera, I do the capture, then I do the trace, I can never get the lines smooth around the edges. This become problematic on large objects because there are a lot of jagged edges. No matter which direction you run the threshold, the edges never get smooth When you are trying to make hundreds of duplicates, that makes for a lot of sanding to get rid of this.

You have listed ā€œkeya0129ā€ as your machine. I am not familiar with this system nor which controller/firmware is used to drive it. This is helpful information so please share.

To start, please provide a screen capture of what you see in full-screen LightBurn and another picture of the resulting cuts. We can go from there.

I have a Boss 1420 with the 140 degree camera mounted at ~300mm above the bed.

OK, thanks for this. You can edit/update this machine information in your forum profile. This is very helpful information as we support many different systems and need it to provide appropriate responses.

I believe the Boss LS 1420 uses a Ruida controller. We still need the screen captures to ā€œseeā€ what you are describing.

hi rick

we get a similar issue with scans, the edge can be a little jagged sometimes.

often itā€™s a simple straight line but the auto trace makes dozens of nodes , where just two would be enough.

what we need is a lasso method to multi-select nodes, in order to quickly select and delete them if they are superfluous.

at the moment i do this one node at a time , which takes ages.

barrie

1 Like

Multi-selection of nodes has been suggested and you can add your support for adding this feature here:

ā€˜Trace Imageā€™ can create ā€œjagged edgesā€ when the original art is low resolution or grainy. There are a few controls that can help with this in the ā€˜Trace Imageā€™ window. You can zoom that window to better see the resulting changes when adjusting the trace controls. After the trace, you can also try using the ā€˜Editā€™->ā€˜Optimize selected shapeā€™ to see if you can achieve a more desirable resulting shape. You will need to ungroup to select the desired path to optimize.

optimise path?
i havenā€™t tried that for a while

i will give it a go

thank you
barrie

Once you trace, can you manipulate the nodes?

Sure, just like tracing any other image. You get a lot of vectors that you can ungroup and edit.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.