LightBurn changing the size of small vectors

Hi,

I’ve attached the screenshot. If you look at the numbers they are all the same. Yet when you preview and vector engrave the file it comes out differently to as drawn. I’ve exported the file as an ai and used it on LaserCad and it works fine.

It’s not the controller ( AWC708 Lite ) as it works from LaserCad. It’s something to do with how LightBurn is processing it before its sent to the controller. I have checked the corner accuracy and even set to 0.001 the result is the same.

I tried to attach the LightBurn file 44kb, but it wouldn’t allow me to, saying its 0 bytes.

Regarding the title - Is this a bug?

Thanks

I think the .lbrn file will really need to be seen. I’m surprised you can’t upload the file. Can you try changing the extension to .txt to see if that will trick the forum?

Also, what’s the background of the design? Was it created within LightBurn or this originated elsewhere?

I was done in Corel draw, but they are plain vectors and I have exported it as a dxf from LightBurn to LaserCad and it worked in LaserCad.

Attached is the text file.

weird lightburn issue.txt (43.3 KB)

This is likely a bug somewhere but there’s likely a workaround.

How did you go from CorelDraw to LightBurn? I suspect as DXF. If so, can you export as SVG from CorelDraw and then import into LightBurn?

Actually it was exported as an ai file so that there were less nodes on the vectors. Tried as SVG, no difference.

AI should be fine too.

This is an odd situation and I can’t find any way to remedy it. There seems to be something wrong with how the 0s are scaled.

Let’s see if @LightBurn folks can provide any insight.

I’m tinkering with the file.

I’d like to see if the arc calculator is in Machine Settings but I don’t have a Trocen Controller.

@StudioT - Click edit, Wheel down to Machine Settings, Click that and screen cap the settings.

I have a Trocen profile on LightBurn here but it’s not complete.

I did see a Curve Quality setting in the Settings pop-up. (Click Edit - Click Settings)
Please let us know if it’s set for Low, Medium, High or Perfect.

Curve quality - was set to high, I have tried low to perfect and it makes no difference.

Does Lightburn use the machine settings to calculate the paths? If thats the case then why does LaserCAD work ok?

Screenshots attached.

Open the cut settings for your layer. Since this is only happening to closed shapes, I suspect you have an outward kerf value applied. (it’s also happening to the letter 'O’s)

1 Like

Good call. Oz is totally right here. I hadn’t considered this possibility. There is indeed an outward kerf and removing it addresses the issue.

Yep thats it! Thank you! FACEPALM!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.