Lightburn crashes when tracing images

Light burn software crashes when tracing images. There is no log message from light burn that I can find. The file I am working on also has no backup I can find.
I am using Big Sur v-11.3.1, 2.9gHz quad core i7, 16gb 2133 MHz lpddr3, 1536 hd graphics.

The terminal report:

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run chsh -s /bin/zsh.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.
Ronalds-MacBook-Pro:~ ronaldgarner$ /Applications/LightBurn.app/Contents/MacOS/LightBurn ; exit;

2021-05-28 11:37:16.632 LightBurn[27687:778276] NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be ‘Editor’, ‘Viewer’, ‘None’, or ‘Shell’.

QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionEdit_Text_closed(int)

connected

“FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)” “0x1420000005ac8600”

Port: 1452 5216

Port: 1452 4111

Port: 1452 4110

Port: 1452 5216

Port: 1452 4111

Port: 1452 4110

Execution of PAC script at “http://wpad/wpad.dat” failed: The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1003.)

CFU: downloaded 1177 of 1177

Your version is up to date. " (0.9.24)"

Does this happen with any image, or just certain images? Can you show me an example of what you’re trying to trace?

Yes all pictures.

I have a picture, but am not sure how to insert it in the thread…

I should add that I am drawing over the image, not using the image trace. Also, it is concerning that the auto save function is not working. It does not matter how long I work on the drawing, If I do not save it manually, there is no trace of the file once it crashes…

I am getting a backup file recorded in the same folder as the original. The backup file is named using the "old_file_name" with "_backup" appended to the end of the file name. Are you not finding the same?

What do you have set for the ‘Auto-save Interval’ in the ‘Settings’ window (click ‘Gears’ icon to expose, then click ‘File Settings’ icon on left-side of that window)?

Sorry, I’ve had to run an errand. I’ll check when I get back to the house in a few hours-

Backup is set to 1 minute. There is no “snoopy” with _backup. Here are pics:

I ran a search for _backup, and the latest drawing to be backed up was a year ago. So, it was working and something changed a year ago… The plot thickens

This turned out to be a bug in the way that backups were sorted and managed - the system was sorting the backups by month / day / year, instead of year, then month, then day, so when the year rolled over it got confused and started deleting new backups. This is now fixed, and the fix will be in the next release.

1 Like