Lightburn Disconnected Suddenly and Will Not Reconnect

I have been running Lightburn on my Hp laptop with my Ruida Laser connected via USB for almost a year. Today in the middle of a job, it disconnected - have gone through more than a few forums to resolve the problem; have checked all the connection ports - all looks fine, have tried to find my device on the panel along with trying to reconnect from there, have restarted my laptop and the machine (more times than id like to admit…) I have never experienced this before and am not very computer literate - the only thing that seems to have changed it the download of the most current version of lightburn. Really needing help to resolve this issue quickly all helpful input is greatly appreciated.

If you want higher speed and a more solid connection, get off usb.

If there’s been no change in software, like updates or anything, even at the OS level, most find it’s a bad cable to the PC or from the laser connection to the ruida itself. If you get a usb cord with the same connector as the ruida you can bypass that cable, at least for testing.

Good luck :slight_smile:

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

No other way of connecting is available to me atm unfortunately :confused: I dont have an ethernet port and I have tried connecting via bridge and it won’t connect. Everything is making the appropriate noises when I connect the cords, so I can only assume it is still connecting and there isnt anything wrong with port, cord connection?

Thanks - im going to need it!

Check that Windows update did not change your USB port settings. Since you hear the ding, either the computer or the laser dropped the connection. This can be caused by:

• USB port going to sleep (look up ‘Selective Suspend’ in Windows)
  • USB connection dropping because the connection is loose or bumped
  • Electrical noise in the connection (poor quality cable or no shielding in the cable)

Check those things to see if any of them might be happening. :slight_smile:

And what does this mean, technically?

checked, it did not :slightly_smiling_face:
I had read in another forum post to change the selective suspend settings and have done that too,
the noise is happening at the appropriate times - when i take out or put in - so not that

the bridge - lightburn bridge/ wifi - it wont connect either

I should also mention I have uninstalled the current version - reinstalled the last working one I had - it did not connect either so I uninstalled and reinstalled version 10

Not a lot of detail for us to work with here.

When i go the route of click here to open the bridge in a window - it cant reach the page, when i try to establish connection to wifi manually with IP, and laser make info/ axis info/ it allows me to create it but will not connect.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.