Lightburn DSP & Gcode versions on Mac - multiple lasers

Hello,

I have a question after reading this post Different machines and controllers from same PC

Would the DSP version and G-code version of Lightburn be considered as two different apps on a MacBook and would they work independently?

I currently have a laser running on a g-code controller (with a g-code lightburn license) and am considering purchasing a 2nd laser which will have a ruida controller for which I will purchase a dsp license. If I run one with the g-code version and the other with the dsp version, firstly is that possible and would that mean the two lasers could work at the same time, independently of each other from the same Mac? Hope that make sense

Thanks

You just need to upgrade your license to the DSP version. The DSP version can run DSP controllers and G-code controllers all within the same program. No need to have two installs, as you can add multiple devices. The Ruida controller can have jobs uploaded to it and run without connection to the controller. I believe the G-code devices require a connection as it streams the job to the controller.

To do this on a Mac you need to make a copy of the application with a different name, because MacOS prevents running the same app twice. If you do that, it works fine.

That’s great! Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.