LightBurn engraving fine detail slowly - Need constant speed engraving

Hello,

I am currently trying to use LightBurn for engraving rubber stamps and have encountered a significant challenge. When the laser encounters fine details, it slows down considerably, leading to the destruction of letters in the process. My goal is to maintain a constant engraving speed throughout the entire graphic

I’ve reviewed the settings in LightBurn but haven’t found a solution to this issue. Any guidance or assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I have an xTool P2 laser using GRBL controller.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards.

Could you try to catch this behaviour in a bit of video so we can understand better

I have seen others posting similar experiences on S1 too but unsure if related.
Video would help

Also, on Xtool proprietary software the behaviour does not happen correct?

Hello Araújo,

Thank you for your swift response. Your help is highly valued. While using the manufacturer’s software, xTool Creative Space, I’ve observed that the engraving speed remains consistant across the entire design. However, the software lacks essential functionalities, specifically in the ramp settings, making it less than ideal for rubber stamp production, which is my primary requirement.

To give you a better insight into the issue, I will create a video demonstration. I plan to have this video ready for posting by tomorrow or over the weekend.

Best regards.

The essential here is to have a comparative so we can dismiss hardware fault and also have a base line. so video would be immensely helpful

This is probably due to a combination of acceleration and speed settings, where the acceleration is too low to achieve the desired speed in the available distance. As a rule of thumb, laser heads cannot achieve high speeds over short distances, because the motors cannot produce enough torque to move the mass.

If the short-distance speeds are too low, then the motors must use more acceleration to reach higher speeds, but configuring higher acceleration than the motors can produce will lead to their stalling on longer vectors.

Feeding the acceleration setting and the length of the finest detail into the RepRap calculator will give you an idea of the maximum achievable speed over that distance, which is generally a small fraction of the speed achievable over longer distances.

Perhaps LightBurn is set for a much higher speed than XCS. When you reduce the LightBurn layer speed to match XCS, what effect does that have on the results?

is my understanding that Xtool firmware - when in lightburn compatible mode - is not the same as when machine is plugged to the cretive space thing
So it might as well be they are 2 sets of settings all toguether and on Gcode mode is just the basic defaults needing some finetune

That’s almost certainly true, but keep in mind that the GRBL controller only knows about the axis settings for maximum speed & acceleration.

If you can match the XCS settings, then the machine should produce equivalent results, but you must match all the settings before reaching that goal.

Hello ednisley,

Thank you for your message. While the details will become clearer with the video, I’d like to mention that the speed and power settings are consistent between xTool Creative Space and LightBurn. However, LightBurn offers additional refined settings, such as ramp options for rubber stamps, and it supports higher line intervals. I attached screenshots of all my settings for your reference.

Depends on the ability of the processor to parse GCODE vs their proprietary code. I am almost certain creative cloud bursts data to the machine in non gcode format.

Only the devs coudl give us some exact clues on this i think. but is my understanding from several overview simplistic talks

do $$ in console and also post those. They are the important bits too

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.