Lightburn first file send always fails

I’ve been dealing with a bug for a while now where every time I open lightburn and try to send a file to my laser it always fails the first time but then works every time after. the error message I get is as follows.

file transfer failed
There was a problem sending data to the laser. The machine may be busy or paused.

I’m running a ruida controller with firmware version RDLC-V1.01.01 and am connected over USB. I have several files on my computer that I cut often so my workflow is to click on the desired .lbrn2 file from the file browser to launch lightburn and depending on the file either I either hit send once lightburn opens or I use the print and cut feature to align the job and then hit send. The first send always fails and gives me that error message but once I hit send again it always works.

I don’t think this plays a role but I figured it was worth mentioning, the files I cut often also always pop up the “file exists already - overwrite it?” prompt because I’ve sent them to the controller before.

Does anyone have an idea if I’m doing something wrong, have been dealing with a similar problem, or if the software team is aware of the bug?

I get that also on a different controller. Mine is linked thru Wi-Fi bridge.
Whenever I open lightburn and/or turn the machine on (which also turns on it’s attached Wi-Fi Vonets bridge), I go to devices then click on my device then Ok. If I don’t do that the send will fail.
Something needs to be woken up I guess.
The transfer always works great so I don’t mind doing it.

Might try ‘right click’ on the ‘Device’ tab to initiate an reconnect.

It appears you can fill up the Ruida memory, so delete files you don’t need. I always have and never had that issue.

If the Ruida is doing anything else, it will probably fail to transfer.

:smiley_cat:

tried the right click to initiate a reconnect and it looks like that worked

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.