Lightburn for Snapmaker 2.0 laser unit?

We have a new Snapmaker 2.0-350. At this time we are working with the laser head.

Will Lightburn work with this unit? Which Lightburn version should be used?

If Lightburn can be used, what problems have been encountered?

Sorry to have missed this. LightBurn has been working to fully support the SnapMaker laser unit, and that work continues. You can use the search found at the top-right of every page here to see what our community has been experiencing. You should see a bunch of posts on the topic for review.

We suggest you try LightBurn with your exact setup prior to purchase.

Here is our 30-Day free trial: https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/trial-version-try-before-you-buy

willkommen im Club

Hi, I also have a snapmaker 2, but I don’t know what type of license I should purchase, either Gcode or DSP License… hope you guys can advice, thanks.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having an issue where the laser not not turning off. It just makes black boxes instead of the design I have. anyone have a solution or seen this behavior?

When I create the device I select Snapmaker and enter the settings. After I create it I try and connect to the laser and console says waiting on connection but where it says the staus of the laser it says ready. If I create the device as a GRBL I get the laser to connect but cannot get the laser to turn off.

Using Snapmaker device type change baud rate to 115,200 and see if that allows you to connect.

Also experiencing this failure to connect, where are you changing the baud rate? Machine settings in Lightburn is unavailable because it can’t connect.

Look in Edit->Device Settings.

Thank you, it wasn’t that but I am now connected! My problem was the Windows selective USB suspend setting which, unannounced, turns off your USB ports if you don’t use them!

If that helps somebody else retain some of their hair then great.

2 Likes