Lightburn freezing after a few minutes

no… it’s just lightburn… because when lightburn freezes, i can still use and open other apps, internet etc.

Hi Boudy
You don’t say how you are connected to the laser and which contrller you are using - I was having exactly the same issues with LB running on Win 10 laptop to a ruida 6442 controller over a USB cable. LB would crash with the same error messages as yours, so I would shut LB down -not the computer and then restart it (LB)- but on restart LB would not recognize the laser - until I unplugged the usb cable and reconnected it (on the computer) .Then all worked as normal until some random time later it would happen again. It was weird because some days it would happen at 10 minute intervals and others only every 2 hours or so. but was still very annoying. I’m using Google drive to sync my LB files to the desktop and thought the autosave in LB might be causing it but couldn’t seem to correlate it if it was. Eventually I bought a new USB cable ( old one was about 4 years old) installed that into the USB3 port on the laptop and since then (knock on wood) the problem has disappeared ! Just FYI and your mileage may vary. Good Luck. Bill

Using same version of laserburn but on Win 11 I had a very similar problem immediately after I decided to switch from using the included USB cable to one which was about 1/2 meter longer. The problem resolved immediately after switching back. Love this program, hoping a large amount of attention is put into the clearly overwhelming number of connection issues for the next version, or patch.

USB cable length is definitely a known contributor to data loss.

Not to toot my own horn or anything but I did a video in a past life that is actually very instructive on the length of cable’s affect on data integrity This Just Saved me $100,000 - Totalphase Cable Tester - YouTube

1 Like

This is excellent diagnostic information. It may be worth looking at the USB Selective Suspend settings in the WIndows 10 Control Panel.

We advise against this. Google drive, Dropbox and even external network drives have caused data loss. Please save locally then sync network storage.

The USB3 port may have different Selective Suspend settings and may have bypassed the timed symptom you describe. Please have a look and let us know.

Are you using external storage for LightBurn Files? Cloud storage, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or an external network drive?

We have seen several instances of inconspicuous data loss (no error message) with non-local files and ‘hang’ from external storage failure has not yet been reported.

I’m just checking to make sure the behavior you’re seeing is not related to this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.