Lightburn freezing after a few minutes

i have been using lightburn for over a year now. very nice program, but keeps crashing more and more often! I use a relatively new windows pc with 16gb. RAM memory and always do the updates of windows AND install lightburn. this in the hope that there are bugs that will be removed when updating and that lightburn will no longer crash. unfortunately.
also does this when not connected to laser. so if i’m designing in lightburn, paus for a 30 minutes, then want to continue, and the program freezes directly when i push a buttin.
with small and bigger projects…
on my imac, same version, no laser connected, no problems… :frowning:

please help

windows 11, lightburn 1.3.0.1. NEJE 3 max.

Are you presented with a crash window when LightBurn freezes? The pause for 30 minutes makes me think your computer’s sleep settings/power settings may be causing an issue.

interesting… what do you suggest? disable the screen / HDD sleep function i presume?

As a diagnostic - yes. Under power settings you can disable screen off/sleep behaviours. Give that a try and let us know if that fixes the issues. I haven’t seen this issue before, but that’s where I would start as far as diagnosis goes.

thnx… just disabled idd. the screen but specially the SLEEP function :slight_smile: let’s see what this brings us. and in lightburn disabled the auto save function of 2 minutes to 0.

grrr… even if i close the laptop cover… open it after a few seconds… lightburn freezes !!!
on top it says:" No responce"

Could you take a screenshot of the error?

Is LightBurn installed in a cloud drive, or directly on the hard drive?

sure… i’ll take a screenshot… sorry in Dutch. and ofcourse directly installed on SSD. also no benchmark errors on memory or SSD.

lightburn starts up… check… then… even with no work done… i close the hood… check.
then i open the cover… push a button, fill in my windows password to enter windows again… then i see lightburn ofcourse… nothing happens… until i push a button or function… then the top rule of text in lightburn turns into gray… and the message says on top. no responce… like the picture says…

Interesting, let me ask internally and see if anyone has dealt with this before.

thnx…

thankyou… would be very helpfull

i’m thinking that the pattern here is that lightburn freezes when i have to login my windowsaccount…

Can you try using safe mode to see if the behavior is any different?

okay. i’ll try this next. just found out that the screensaving doesn’t make lightburn freeze, but sleep mode does.

Oh, if you determined it’s the sleep mode causing it then perhaps no need to check safe mode. I was speculating that it could be a conflicting service or driver that was causing the freezing.

It wouldn’t hurt to check of course.

well… i’m not sure it’s actually the sleepmode itself that’s causing the issue. because lightburn crashes after i have to login windows again… with sleepmode this has to be done aswell. so. if i close my cover… does windows go into sleepmode also? because if i just breefly close the cover, open it again, i have to type my password and then after windows reopens… lightburn crashes

Do you know what level of sleep your computer goes into?

nope… no idea