LIghtBurn hanging after less than 3 minutes

I am having issues that started recently with lightburn where the software hangs 30-180 seconds into the job. It used to work just fine about a month ago. No error is thrown out when this happens the software just stays at a percentage and the time keeps counting, I hit the stop key and then home it and it all works out just fine. It can start the job again if needed but always stops less than 180 seconds into it. I am using a HP EliteBook 8540w running Windows 10 Pro. Issue happens with Lightburn 1.0.03 and Lightburn 1.0.04, it was using on Lightburn 1.0.03 so I updated Lightburn 1.0.04 but issue is still there.
I enabled the debug mode and the first time right before it froze it showed:
11:46:43.699 D: Clipboard data present:
11:46:43.699 D: (“application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“Shell IDList Array””, “application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“DataObjectAttributes””, “application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“DataObjectAttributesRequiringElevation””, “application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“Shell Object Offsets””, “application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“Preferred DropEffect””, “application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“AsyncFlag””, “text/uri-list”, “application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“FileName””, “application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“FileContents””, “application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“FileNameW””, “application/x-qt-windows-mime;value=“FileGroupDescriptorW””)

The second time it showed:
13:02:03.957 D: Clipboard data present:
13:02:03.957 D: ()

What am I missing? The software was working fine since 3/16/2021, nothing changed that I’m aware of.

Those messages are displayed when LightBurn becomes the active application - it’s just showing the clipboard data formats as it updates the clipboard / copy / paste commands.

As for why it’s hanging up within 3 minutes, I don’t have an answer. Have you tried dropping back to a previous version to see if it continues to do this? If so, then the update timing could just be a coincidence.

Did Windows update recently? I’ve seen that cause all manner of weirdness, especially if you haven’t rebooted and allowed it to complete. I hate to be the guy who asks “have you tried turning it off and on again?” but it genuinely works for Windows update issues.

1 Like

Ok, the messages, was just a coincidence I guess, that’s what I noticed everytime the job hung.

I tried dropping down to version 1.0.03 then to 1.0.02 and that did not solve the issue. I continue to get hung up around 3 minutes. I do not get an error of losing connection, and by simply hitting stop and home it seems to work again, just it will stop under 3 minutes again.

I don’t see any recent windows updates, but yes I have restarted the PC several times.

You said, “the software hangs after 3 minutes”, but then you said “by simply hitting stop and home it seems to work again”, which means you’re still able to use the software.

That sounds like it isn’t LightBurn that hung, but the machine, or possibly the connection to the machine was dropped. Check to make sure your USB ports aren’t set to allow ‘Selective Suspend’ (power save).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.