Lightburn is making my "02 - RED LAYER" burn lines, even after selecting fill...?

Hey everyone,

So I’m not sure what I did, but I’m fairly new with Lightburn and I only really noticed this today.
All my other layers seem to be fine, but I like to use the red layer a lot as I’m able to see it best.

Can someone please guide me or explain to me what happened? After doing a text example, when I hit preview, it shows the lines on which it would burn/engrave onto my product.
It was never like this. It always filled, and never showed the preview like so;

As you can see, the second photo is what I’ve been used to seeing, but not sure what I did to even have it preview like that.
It’s not that it’s zoomed in, it actually burns/engraves with lines and not fill.

For reference; my machine is an Atomstack X20 Pro.

Someone please help!

I suspect I may know what’s going on; could you take a screenshot of your layer settings by double clicking the “C01” layer in the Cuts / Layers menu?

In short, LightBurn allows you to change the “density” of an engraving by adjusting the Line Interval or Lines per Inch.

The higher the number, the longer it takes to engrave, but the higher “detail” that can be achieved per “line”.

If you’ve ever used a 3d printer, it’s fairly similar to the “layer height” if you change perspective.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’ve never used a 3D printer prior to ever using Lightburn. This is in fact my first laser.

Quiet frankly, I’ve never even ever double clicked this part of cuts/layers… So I’m not sure if this actually got changed in a different way accidently or not.

Here is the screenshot you’ve requested. Thank you for your reply btw.

It was a pretty good tip off when one took 0:46 and the other took 5:53 to run…

Might want to watch some of the basic Lightburn usage videos…

Good luck.

:smile_cat:

Looking at the screenshot you shared, you likely want to increase your lines per inch. While some designs do (even intentionally) use a lower value for this (and proportionally higher line interval), 254 lines per inch isn’t an unrealistic value for some types of laser; you can adjust the test text up and down to get back to the ballpark spacing you’d had prior with the “Preview” window :slight_smile:

Hope this is helpful!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.