Lightburn is mirroring the output to the rotary. Again. Still

Chuck is to the right, origin top left. Last night mirror on, preview was correct, burn was correct. Today, without changing anything, if mirror is on the preview is backwards, the burn is correct. If mirror is off the preview is correct but the burn is backwards.

My Xtool D1 pro with RA2 is having the same issues with mirrored burns. I find myself running tests before etching each cup, but itā€™s a bit of an inconvenience. Currently running Lightburn 1.3.01. Any tips?

No need to run tests each time. Check the preview. If itā€™s mirrored then all is good. If not, open and close Rotary Setup. That resets the Mirror flag. Alternatively, turn off mirroring and spin the rotary attachment 180Ā°.

1 Like

Not meaning to beat a dead horse here, but is there a chance on getting this fixed? I canā€™t imagine that needing to open the rotary settings, turn off the mirroring and then go back in and turn them on is the solution here, right?

You donā€™t actually need to turn it off and on. Just opening the Rotary Settings and closing it seems to do the trick. The simple solution is to just turn your rotary 180Ā° and turn mirror output off.

Point is I shouldnā€™t need to do that, no?

True but this seems to be a low priority bug.

I believe I have this fixed now for the next release.

1 Like

Clark thank you for making this original post.

I thought I was going crazy. I had to throw away a tumbler last night. After creating step-by-step instructions, which I followed, the image was engraved in reverse.

Iā€™ll try moving the chuck to the left side.

I have the latest version and itā€™s still doing the same thing. the other day the Image showed to be mirrored in the preview and it would come out good on the tumbler then I tried it again today the way I had previously done it but when it engraved it engraved mirrored. I turned off the mirror option in the rotary control section and image in preview was not mirrored and it worked as it should. Any other ideas we can try besides having to run a test run with yardstick or something? is this bug still an issue with the software?

Just an idea. I do a test run first. Turn the power down. Then take the tumbler and wrap it with tape. Just to make sure I am not eating the cost of tumblers.

I found this thread as I also have the problem on version 1.4.0.5. Using Clarks tip regarding the preview has to be mirrored solves the problem but it is still a painā€¦