Lightburn keeps running old files that aren’t loaded anymore on startup

Everytime I turn on my laser after anytime away hours or days. I turn it on and open lightburn and it always runs the last file I had loaded. I could have nothing open in lightburn and it will run it no matter what. It won’t let me start anything new until I run the entire job. I delete all my files in the file list but there are never any loaded. I delete them anyway just to be sure. I open other files and nothing. I always have to re run the last thing I cut. It is so frustrating. I do not have an external controller since I am operating the omtech polar. I have no idea what to do. Nothing I do is working. The only thing I can do is re run the last job and then try and load a new one. Can someone please tell me what I need to do so I can start new everytime?

Did you go into Lightburn Files tab (in the cut/layer window) and delete the files…?

Refresh to populate the selection menu.

You might have to pull down the Window menu to enable the files tab.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

None of my files ever show up in the file list tab. I delete all files anyway and hit refresh but it keeps doing it. Sometimes it will work if I send it from CorelDraw through the macros to LB but it’s never guaranteed. How exactly do you enable the files list in the window tab?

How could you have done this if you didn’t know where it was?

Try this… :wink:

I’m used to a console on a Ruida and not having one is problematic for my thought process.

Sorry it was already enabled. Someone walked me through everything really fast when I first got the machine and I must have enabled it then. I have done everything in that link you sent me. I will have a file sent and loaded and even give me a cut time but then it will still go back to the previous job. It’s like the controller is stuck on the same file everytime. I wish I had something that showed me what file the laser thinks is loaded. There is no way for me to see what the laser is going to cut until I frame it. I really do need some serious help figuring this out.

I don’t have any ideas without a console… I assume the file list has no entries?

Ever thought of adding a console?

Ensure you go into Lightburn and save the current machine configuration… Might need it some day.

Are you using send option in the laser window or start?

I’'d suggest you send an email to OMTech and get their advice on this…

Then put a console on it :wink:

It might be that @BillieRuben has an idea on how to proceed…

Good luck

Yeah I am planning on it but in the meantime the machine was built so you don’t technically need the external controller so there has got to be a way to fix it without one. It seems like omtech knows less than most of the people I have met online. I will give it a shot but I am sure they will just say they will get back to me and send videos and photos.

If everything is working right, you probably don’t need one. You also loose the ability to do many things that can only be done via the console, such as setting a user origin, that I use 90% of the time, to name just one.

Not to mention, when you get a red light, a console would tell you what actually caused it. And you can’t do a factory reset without a console.

I’m afraid all of the debugging solutions, I can think of, require a console…

How about we see if @JohnJohn can shed some light on this… I understand the controllers, but it’s quite a hindrance when you have a failure with no console.

I’d like to clarify that it reads no file names when you use the file tab and press refresh?

Hang in there… a note to OMTech might help… Do they have a website for support issues? I know Cloud Ray has a site similar to this and they route all of the support stuff through that… Even with the 24 hour delay… They can give some really bad advice.

Good luck

1 Like

I had a quick look and it seems that the only OMTech Polar might be at head office. I’ll dig for a bit then ask when folks are in Daylight (or available).

Good reason for them to buy you one :wink:

I don’t, sorry! Haven’t had this happen on my Gweike Cloud.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.