Lightburn Locks up on Mac when Capturing Image during Lens Calibration Wizard

When trying to go through the Lightburn Lens Calibration Wizard, the entire application freezes when clicking Capture Image. The button changes to “Capturing Image”, but never responds after that. I get a beachball and have to Force Quit the application. Can’t get past this step.

Using version 0.9.16 on Mojave.

With what camera? Do you have LightBurn added to the list of applications authorized to access the camera?

It’s the 160d Lightburn camera, and yes, Lightburn can access the camera. I can see the camera output in the window, and it only locks up when I click the Capture Image button. I’ve configured this camera in the past without issue, and was going through the Lens Calibration again to demo it for my business partner and get a little better accuracy in the calibration as it’s been a while…

Are you using the camera through an extension cable at all, or just the stock cable it came with? Anything else that’s changed since you used it last?

Same cable that came with the camera… nothing has changed since I last did the calibration. I’ll try again this evening and see if it’s still doing the same thing just to make sure it wasn’t gremlins. Will do a clean start of the machine as well.

So I finally got back to this, and I’m seeing the same issue, here’s the setup:

1. I’m using a Lightburn 160d camera
  2. I’m using the cable that came with the camera
  3. I can click Update Overlay and it will update the workspace (albeit warped)
  4. If I open the Lens Calibration Wizard I can see the camera just fine with no distortion, just like the screenshot above, but clicking Capture Image causes Lightburn to lock up.

If I Sample Process on Lightburn in Activity Monitor while it’s not responding, I get the attached sample.

Sample of LightBurn.txt (205.3 KB)

If I do a spindump while it’s not responding, I get the following:

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to you to help get throught he lock. At this point the camera has become unusable since I lost the previous calibration.

Thanks,

Dan

Apologies for this, but I was on my mobile when I replied to the first post here, and didn’t see that your honeycomb is visible - That’s the issue, and it’s the most common problem we see - it’s the first bullet point here: The camera doesn't find the lens calibration pattern (no pattern found)

It’s also specifically called out in the documentation here:
https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/UsingACamera.html#the-camera-lens-calibration-wizard

The code is looking for circles, and the honeycomb presents a TON of them - it will eventually finish, but not in any reasonable amount of time. Cover the honeycomb with paper, cardboard, a towel, bedsheet, etc and that will fix it.

Nailed it Oz, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.