Lightburn miscalculation for "Kerf Offset" ?

Hello,

I detected an issue with Lightburn “Kerf Offset” option.

Firstly, I wanted to add a “Kerf Offset” in “Offset Fill” layer but don’t manage to find this option. Is it available?

Secondly, I tried an alternate way using 2 sub-layers in the same layer, making it “Multi” :

• 1 “Fill” sub-layer

• 1 “Line” sub-layer and its “Kerf Offset” option

At this stage, I detected that Lightburn does not properly apply “Kerf Offset” with internal forms (forms inside another form, such as a donut shape (see example in attachment: a detail view of a portion of that donut, seen through the “Preview” window)).

As you may see, the “Kerf Offset” is not behaving like the “Offset” feature for shapes, where inner boundaries of a shape are offset in the opposite direction of outer boundaries of that same shape.

Is it intended ?

Thank you for your answer !

Kind regards !

capture

No. Kerf does not apply to an of the fill modes.

While this can sometimes be seemingly unpredictable, inside shapes can be addressed.

Check out this example.

This design has one layer with two sublayers. One of the sublayers has a kerf offset. The other I set to perforation mode without an offset to make the offset apparent.

Notice how the kerf is applied in opposite directions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.