Lightburn not seeing Neje 2SPlus... (Neje software sees fine)

Hi all, pretty new to this and could use a bit of help in case anyone has the answer. Set up a Neje 2S plus with 15w laser today, the Neje app sees the laser fine and I can engrave. Really impressed with the laser. But I want to use Lightburn, which I have already built up my project in. But the laser fails to see it. I downloaded the suggested Mac drivers (I’m on a Mac, running Big Sur, the Neje app didn’t need them to see it) but still no deal. I think the drivers may be being blocked for security, but I cannot figure out how to get passed it. In system profile, I do not see the laser under the USB settings. If anyone is using Lightburn, Neje and Mac, and has any pointers, I’d appreciate it. I read the neje wiki several times but couldn’t seem to find the answer. Of course all the firmware and things seem to only be PC based.

I should add, when I launch Lightburn, it wants to scan for the new laser and I let it. I DO hear a very short stepper motor reaction, but Lightburn the fails to find anything. It’s odd. I have also tried setting it up by hand, but still doesn’t seem to be connection. If I look at Console, I just see ‘waiting for connection’. I’m stumped.

same problem, i did not have problems with older version Release 0.9.24 · LightBurnSoftware/deployment · GitHub is the last version that worked for me.
I now have connected a raspberry pi with octorint on it and the plugin for better laser compatability and now i just export the gcode and run it with octoprint

A question, when you connect the machine to pc, you got a new serial com Port in your Device manager?

BUMP. same issue

Just got a response from NEJE. for lightburn to recognize it, it had to be the 115,200 bps download of the software. there are apparently options to make the other downloads work, but I’m not going to get into that just yet :slight_smile:

Same old familiar topic… I can’t get lightburn (HP desktop windows 10) to connect to my neje 2 max. I’ve installed the driver, updated the firmware, ensured baud rate is set to 11.5K, rebooted (a number of times). The USB cable works with the NEJE software (which is closed when I attempt to connect in lightburn). I just can’t get past the “waiting for connection”… so now what???

bump…same issue. New user of lighburn but 4 yr old Neje laser is not recognized by the current software. Any suggestions?