Lightburn not working correctly with my xTool S1 40 watt

Can someone please let me know what i am doing wrong.

I purchased the licence to use Lightburn and i for the love nor money can get it to work corectly with my machine.

If i use XCS my laser works a treat, just not working great with Lightburn.

The laser seems to be going slowly as if it is dragging or being held back with something, but no obstructions at all.

I have put the configuration fle in via the instructions from the webpage but not sure what else to do.

I tried to engrave a coaster but had to use 50000 speed and 20 power, though in XCS i use 600 speed and 20 power. even at this the laser was still dragging and sometimes even stopped mid way through engraving.

Can someone please enlighten me as to the right way to setup Lightburn to work with my xTool S1 40w.

I think this is more user error with settings and not the software, but though i would ask, as i have watched some video tutorials on how to setup but still not working correctly.

Thank you in advance

seems you might have your lightburn configured to mm/min
Where XCS defaults to mm/sec?

Edit > settingsin lightburn, check what you have selected

Thank you Gil Araugo

Yes i did have it set as mm/min as i thought when it said Diode laser that would have been the setting to use, my mistake. That seemed to help a little with the settings i needed to use but seems to still be dragging a little, but not as much as before.

I think i may have a setting wrong somewhere else as i say i have only been using Lightburn from yesterday as bought licence and installed.

Is there a generic setting for the xTool S1 laser as i have put the file in from xTool into Lightburn and started to use program.

Once again thank you for the swift response.

Any further help much apresiated

Kind Regards
Tommy

Hiya, The import file from LB has some issues, the free one from ClackShack works perfectly. See here for info. The download is below the video. Worth watching the video too I might add :slight_smile: hope it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNhFLbimOSo

I have imported Clack Shacks file into Lightburn but i think there must be a setting that is not on or off as i am still having the same issues.

Is there a way in LB to tell my S1 to do its auto distance/focus routine?

1 Like

Yes there is

Once lightburn is open, goto Console, on right hand side you should see a button saying Detect next to Exit Rotary, this is your focus measuring button.

Thank you. That was far from obvious!

1 Like

My pleasure.

I am also new to LIghtburn and still learning and trying to sort out the issues i have with it and my S1. Nearly got it fixed.

Hope you are enjoying your S1 the way i am, finding out all the things it can do. The possibilities are endless

1 Like

The S1 seems really well thought out. I am currently struggling with the conversion from pretty simple drawing programs to FreeCAD, since I need to learn that anyway for a 3D printer, and I might as well get onto a common source for all of the models. At the same time I’m climbing the learning curve on the cutter, so it’s been a bit of a wild ride! Hopefully LB will get an S1 and improve the support. I prefer LB to XCS.

2 Likes

One thing to note though is that it doesn’t move the probe to the laser spot like it does in XCS so you need to make sure there’s some material under the probe where it is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.