Lightburn on Macos usb refresh problem

Hello, here’s the problem, I connected the laser in a mac environment, but the address of the usb port changes on its own from time to time and consequently it disconnects from the connection sometimes in the middle of a process, I use macos 10.11.6 and i downloaded CH34 driver version 1.3 and i have a sculpfun S30 10W, Lightburn ultimate version for my mac, please help me

Hi Gabriele - I’m not sure what LightBurn Ultimate version is, but it sounds awesome at least.

Are you using a USB hub or extension to connect to your laser? These are known to cause issues with some devices - if you have an alternate hub to try, or a full-size USB port to use, that would be where I would start.

Hi Colin, thanks for the reply, but I’m not using any usb hub, the laser is connected directly to the usb ports of the computer but during operation the address of the usb connection indicated by lightburn changes for no specific reason making the laser unusable. Example: cu.wchusbserial410 to cu.wchusbserial604 etc. Help me please

The USB port does not change while in operation. That’s impossible. The only reason that the USB device name can change is if it gets disconnected and connected again.
So, I guess your connection is lost during operation. This usually means you have a bad USB cable (use a high-quality one and not the one provided with the laser) or electrical interference is causing either crashes in the communication line or the controller of the laser. So:

• make sure to use high-quality cabling
  • remove electrical disturbances
  • use a separated power line for the laser (I had one user where the laser stopped every time the kitchen fan went on)

Take a look here for additional tips: Guide to mechanical adjustments and maintenance

Hi, I changed the cable and the problem seems to be solved, too bad I didn’t find a suitable cable in the original package, thanks for the replies

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.