Lightburn or Ruida screw up the design i upload and the cutting goes wrong!

When I upload a design from Lightburn to my New Aeon Nova 16 Laser with what I believe are the correct settings, things go completely wrong and the machine takes its own route. (Launched directly from Lightburn)
Does anyone have experience with this and can you advise me what to do?

Thanks!
Barry

Have you had this problem before or is this your first project?
What version of LightBurn do you have?, is it from a reseller or direct from LB?
Submit the lbrn2 file for inspection.

This may be a communication issue.

How are you connected to the laser? I assume USB. Try using a different cable and port.

Are you using Start or Send? I assume Start. Try using Send and running from the controller.

If it proves to be a communication issue, switching to Ethernet may help to resolve it.

2 Likes

Hi, I have just started, but I have already learned a lot in advance, although this is different from actually doing it.
I played around with the settings but the problem kept coming back.
I have the newest version of Lightburn and got it straight from Lightburn.

SL Beni1.lbrn2 (77.1 KB)

Hi Berainlb,
I am conneted true a cable direct to my laptop.
I first press Send and then Start from lightburn

Barry

This is redundant and counterproductive. Send and Start are distinct methods of transferring jobs to the controller. Send will send the entire file. Then you start that job from the control panel on the laser. Start will transfer data to the controller as a temp file and when the controller gets as much information as required to start the job it will begin while the rest of the data is transferred.

Try using Send and starting the job from the control panel. Alternatively, you can hold the Shift key while clicking Send and the job will start automatically after the transfer is complete.

Can you confirm this is a USB cable?

Yes confirmed

I have put your advice to the test and it seems to be working!
Let me continue testing.
Thanks all for the advice and let me hope it will be ok now.

Barry

You don’t want to leave the system as-is if a comms issue is confirmed.

Either switch to Ethernet or resolve the USB cable issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.