Lightburn Pricing

No, not $30 a month. First purchase after software reached post beta software is $120. Repurchase after a year is $30 for the next year. Does that help clear things up? Lightburn folks- it that correct?

1 Like

I am asking nothing more at this time. Your web site is not transparent, and is suspect, but that is your issue to fix since you admittedly don’t know what is on your web site(ie. the discount code box). I’m sorry if I am coming across short, because I am severely disappointed in the situation. Your responses here just added major insult to injury, furthering my frustration. I feel unheard or un-listened to. Your software is good, but that is only part of a good business model. The message “too bad for you”, is never comforting for a customer to hear and should never be used. Your responses here were nothing more than polite version of “too bad for you”. Good software surrounded by poor customer service is not a good or sustainable business model. What do I want from you?? Nothing. You had a perfect opportunity to do the right thing for a new customer and you clearly chose not to, That is on you. I’m just one customer and apparently not worth you worrying about. Treat all your customers this way and you won’t have any customers to worry about.

I understand what he is saying. What is coming up on the screen says what he us saying. Initially it didn’t and needs to be checked out.

I didn’t say $30 per month. I said the price changed $30 in a month. I don’t have a screen shot of the original page because I wasn’t expecting an issue. My wife saw it because I had to show it to her. I hadn’t even seen the page about $30 to renew, so I couldn’t have misunderstood that page,

I think you clicked on renew license. It is $30 after the first purchase. I purchased the DSP version then the Galvo upgrade.

1 Like

I’ve seen that page now. I hadn’t been to the renewal page so that can’t be the issue.

A good example of how this situation could have been handled, would have been to give an additional 30 day trial giving the customer a temporary solution while looking into how this could have happened. (A web page developer error, etc.) I never asked for a free license or a discount. Just to be heard and have the issue investigated which was too much to ask for,

I don’t remember what the cost of the gcode was when I purchased my license on Aug 2021. Two weeks later the price increased for both. They haven’t had an increase since. There are a bunch of pirate pages that offer it cheap but the license for the software doesn’t work.

I understand about the pirated pages. I went to the page from the License Management tab in Lightburn. If I ended up on a pirated page then Lightburn itself was hacked which I can’t see that happening. I could see a web page error happening, as being a greater possibility .

Well I don’t know what to say. It’s great software and in my opinion well worth it. The price really didn’t double overnight.

As far as not making money with it. I have a tip jar so to speak for projects I do for people.

Yeah Jeff, my spine is mostly titanium because of an accident at work. Workers comp says even 1 penny is enough to lose all my benefits. My attorney told me of a person who cashed in a two dollar lottery ticket his kids gave him for father’s day. They terminated all medical care and all of his monthly payments. My medical alone would break me.

That’s a bit different. Sorry to hear.

My use of the laser and software is for therapy. I get to make gifts for my wife, kids and grandkids.

I know this does not change the price, but even at $60 it is a bargain for what you can do with it.

2 Likes

I agree with Fred. It’s well worth the money regardless of your financial situation.

As practically half a community of this forum said, the Lightburn price has been the same since August last year, the license for the Galvo marker versions on July 15 of this year was added but prices were not retouched. On the site, the right price of the license versions and their renewals has always been written clearly and correctly.
As for assistance and attention to the customer, as well as practically other thousands of users, I can confirm that the LB staff is very attentive and follows customers, on this forum and also on social channels.
I understand that yours is unfortunately a big problem, I could therefore advise you to use the software supplied with your laser machine which is certainly free and will allow you to do the “same” things.

1 Like