Lightburn Process still active in task manager after closing application

Hi,
Very often, lightburn does not seem to end all processes after closing the application and have a remaining Lightburn.exe process in task manager. It will have high CPU load (30%).
Sometimes, I have more than 1 of these remaining processes after I have quit the application.

It will happen on different computers (all windows 10 64 bit)
Lightburn version 0.9.16, but it also happened with earlier versions.

Any ideas ?

I haven’t seen this before. What kind of laser are you using, and do you regularly use a camera too?

I dont have a laser connected tot the PC and laptop where I get this; not sure if it happens at the laptop in the fab.

A while ago I suspected it was camera related, though I can’t remember why exactly I thought so. Camera is regular windows laptop cam and an old webcam on the pc. Neither are used with lightburn.

BTW, art libraries and material libraries are in synced onedrive folder. not sure if that matters though.

I’ll try to find a consistent way to reproduce it. Any Idea how to start debugging this?

Let me rephrase - What device profile and connection method have you chosen in LightBurn? Whether you have a laser connected to the PC or not, you’ve chosen a device of some kind, and some of the devices in LightBurn use threads to manage the connection. It’s possible one of those threads is locked, though I believe I’ll wait a reasonable amount of time for them to quit gracefully, then nuke them if they don’t. I’ll have to double check, but a bit more info will help.

Since you don’t have a camera in use, try changing the capture system from ‘Custom’ to ‘Default’ - The new system is ‘Custom’, and it’s possible that has a resource locked somewhere. Not sure why that would be, but if you try that and it goes away, let me know and I’ll poke through that too.

I have a Trocen-AWC, connected via USB.

But haven’t been able to reproduce the issue lately…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.