LightBurn running on MacBook Air M2 cannot find AP Lazer 2816

I have the licensed LB v1.4.00 running on a MacBook Air M2. I have connected my AP Lazer 2816 (with Ruida controller) to the mac via USB cable. In the “Devices” window, when I click “Find my Laser,” it comes up empty.
I also tried connecting via Ethernet, but also came up empty.
I connected a Windows machine via USB (using a “free trial” version of LB) and the laser was detected, no problem.
I have seen other posts with similar problem, but never a satsifactory solution (i.e. buying additional devices/switches/extenders, etc.). It will be a major inconvenience to have to transfer materials to a Windows machine everytime I want to use LB.
Is there a solution for enabling my Mac to communicate with my laser using LightBurn?
Thanks.

If Ethernet is an option that is your best bet.

What problem did you face when connecting through Ethernet? What exactly happened?

Take a look through this post and make sure you haven’t missed anything in the setup:

I don’t know if this is the issue, but it’s worth looking into.
When you use a new or unknown USB accessory, Thunderbolt accessory, or SD card with your Mac laptop with Apple silicon and macOS Ventura or later, you get an alert that asks you to allow the accessory to connect. If your Mac is locked, you need to unlock it before you can allow an accessory to connect.

Go to Privacy and Security and select “Allow accessories to connect”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.