LIghtBurn says Laser Disconnected

I have a SainSmart LE5040 laser on a SainSmart 3018 PorVER. I have a Dell Optiplex 7010 desktop that runs Lightburn successfully with the laser. It found the laser automatically using GRBL as the device which I modified relative to my specific setup. I am trying to get Lightburn to work with this laser setup on my Dell Inspiron 13 5378 without success. It did not find the laser automatically, I set it up manually like the Desktop using the same com port. It says the laser is disconnected and will not allow me to move it around manually at all. Looking the console, it says it is waiting for a connection. I have tried importing the setup from my desktop and reloading the Lightburn software to no avail. I get not connection with the laser. I would appreciate any guidance as to how I can correct this problem.

Hi Mark, I don’t know anything about your machine but have you tried loading it through a different com port, you may have more success.

Chris, Thanks. I figured out that did not have the controller drivers loaded on the laptop so LightBurn would know where to look. Solved it after several hours of trouble shooting. Mark

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.