LIghtburn 'Set to fill, but weren't closed. These have been removed.'


It is referring the tripple 7’s. This is my church’s logo. Couldn’t find a suitable picture, so I tried my own. Looks exactly like the logo, but it won’t burn it. Tried to ungroup , then auto-join, but didn’t help. I notice that when envoking the preview, It also says the same, but the rounded ends of each of the 7’ are flashing. Any ideas?

I had some similar issues, I didn’t realize that I somehow had another layer on top of them. I had accidentally duplicated right on top.

Try also making each 7 a distinct layer and see if that helps. I can’t recall all the steps I took, but figuring out the ghost layers was critical.

I think I also used “close with tolerance”

“Cut out” your logo and put it up here (.lbrn2), I will try if I can find the error.

They were originally distinct layers when the error occurred.

I gave up and cutout the 7’s. Went into Publisher and created it there and saved as a JPEG image, then inserted it into Lightburn. Came out fine, but I lost the original. I started with 3 sevens, overlaid each one onto the other, then ‘offset’ each 7 to produce the results. Added curves to each end to match the logo from church. I was trying to ‘fill’ each one when engraving. Lightburn would accept ‘line’ engraving, but not ‘fill’ or ‘line + fill’. Hope this helps.


Is this what you want to achieve?

3x7.lbrn2 (25.4 KB)

If you can post the file that’s giving you the error, even if it’s just the logo by itself, we can take a look.

That is exactly what I was trying to achieve! How did you accomplish that? I had each 7 on a separate layer when the error occurred. I then grouped all 3 7’s, that didn’t help. I tried to ungroup them, then I tried ‘close selected paths with tolerance’. that didn’t work, so I ungrouped them again, and tried ‘auto-join selected shapes’. That didn’t work.

I gave up and deleted the logo I tried to create in Lightburn. I reverted to Publisher to accomplish it and saved it as a JPEG file, then imported it into Lightburn. My project was due today and was running out of time. I can try to recreate the 3 7’s again and see if I get the same problem …