Lightburn settings for engraving a Black Hip Flask

Hello, I’m new to Laser Engraving. I have an XTool D1 Pro 20W, but I am having a terrible time trying to figure out what the exact settings in Light Burn are to engrave an image on a black whiskey flask. Could you please help me because I am not understanding the process. I am also not finding a video on how to do Hip Flasks using XTool D1 Pro 20W and Light Burn with the exact settings. I would appreciate your help very much. I am not able to ask for help on a Facebook group because I was Banned for life from Facebook. Please help with a video or PDF with the settings so I can fine tune my machine. The video that I did see, was a young lady that engraved a black flask but the settings she used where not explicit and the settings she said, when I tested it on a piece of plywood it burned a hole through it. Not Good! Thank You. Sincerely, Timothy O’Hara

Generally speaking, you will want to run a material test to figure out what the best settings are going to be for your laser. This does require having a spare item (in this case your flask) to run this on.

Often the manufacturer will provide some settings that will at least give you a starting point, but this only gets you so far.

In this case, these might not be very helpful due to the specific nature of the the item, but it will be handy to at least bookmark this:

For the mentioned material test, here is a video on how it works and how to set it up:

3 Likes

Daniellb, Thank you for the information. But the settings for power and speed in the list you had me go to from XTool does not have metal just plywood settings. So I will adjust as needed to get the correct settings. Thanks again.

Here’s a link to the X-Tool Material library for metal.

and a link to the main library for different materials.

Hope this helps.
:smiley:

Thank you Woodcraft John,
for the helpful information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.