LightBurn sudden closure

Last night I turned on the laser to make a quick foam insert for a box. So I opened LB, designed my shapes (saved my file) and then opened the camera dropdown and LB just disappeared. I reopened it, picked the camera and boom, it disappeared again. Very odd behavior that I had not seen before.

I suspected it may be due to low memory on my Windows 10 computer. I had just opened about 10 browser tabs in Chrome which is a notorious memory hog. So I closed a bunch of tabs in Chrome and reopened LB, This time I was able to select my camera but when I clicked the Update Overlay button LB vanished.

So I completely closed Chrome and then LB worked perfectly again.

So the issue appears to be related to a low memory condition. My question is can LB check to see if it has enough memory to run when it is opening and provide the user a warning if memory is to low? If I had not saved my file before trying to open the camera I would have lost work.

I also saw that if LB unexpectedly closes after a file has been saved. The file will not appear in the recent file list when you reopen LB.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.