Lightburn unable to connect to Atomstack A5

Hello,

I have the Atomstack A5. I am trying to connect to a MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, however, light burn is not recognizing the laser.

Downloaded CH340 driver and still unable to connect. Please advise.

Hi, Kiana
I am having a similar problem. Trying to connect my AtomStack A5 (birthday present) to my iMac running OS 10.11.6 and LightBurn just ignores it altogether. Very frustrating.
I didn’t realise that you needed to instal a driver as nothing is mentioned in the assembly instructions.
Please let me know if you find a solution.

GRBL. When I add manually, the system says disconnected under the laser tab.

1 Like

Do you hear a chime when plugged into the Mac port? Can you communicate with the laser using another software? Do you see this device in your USB Device tree under the System Report (Apple→About the Mac→System Report)? What version number of firmware is installed on the motion control motherboard? Did you reboot everything after the driver install? Do you see anything displayed in the Console window when you first power up the connected laser?

Please help us to “see” what you are observing.

1 Like

I do not hear a chime when I plug into Mac port but I do not hear a chime when I plug anything else in.

I am not sure if the laser can communicate with another software as I only have Mac

I went to Apple > About the Mac > System Report… am I supposed to see anything under USB?

What version number of firmware is installed on the motion control motherboard? Not sure how to find this information

Did you reboot everything after the driver install? Yes.

Do you see anything displayed in the Console window when you first power up the connected laser? What is a console window?

You are learning something new, these DIY lasers are fun, but can be confusing and are dangerous fire makers if not careful, but there are resources. I have found Google and YouTube great tools for helping all levels of laser users. I would look for training videos for the Atomstack, as I would imagine there should be a few. A little homework, and you will be on the way in no time, but there is some learning involved.

I would like to ask you to review this document starting here: LightBurn Software Documentation

Not pushing you away, just providing additional helpful resources. Start with this, and let us know how you progress. :slight_smile:

здравствуйте обьясните почему у меня нет вкладки резка? она не доступна в пробной версии?
Atomstack A5 станок

hello explain why I do not have a cutting tab? is it not available in the trial version?
Atomstack A5 machine

What is this that you are not finding? I am not following what you are after, sorry. Show a picture of what you expect to see that you don’t, and we can go from there.

the program looks like this. suppose I want to cut this word along the outline …
I set the maximum power and speed to 500 and 2 passes, but in reality the machine just makes a drawing … even the depth of cut is not present. maybe I’m doing something wrong?

[quote=“Rick, post:9, topic:42172, full:true”]

What is this that you are not finding? I am not following what you are after, sorry. Show a picture of what you expect to see that you don’t, and we can go from there.

Uploading: Безымянный 1.png…

Your image did not load before you hit ‘Reply’. Please upload again.

Thank you for the pictures, but I still do not know what the question is. Are you saying when you run this, the laser moves around, but the cut is not happening, the burn is not showing on the surface?

я хочу вырезать этот рисунок по контуру, ставлю максимальную мощьность и 2 прохода при подаче 600 и не происходит реза,
глубины почти нет,
при этом в настройках не нахожу возможности резки. есть только режим перфорации.
кстати в режиме перфорации станок прожигает отверстия с первого прохода
Вот я и хочу узнать может этой функции нет в пробной версии ?? Или это программа не подходит для
Atomstack A5 20W ???

I want to cut this pattern along the contour, I set the maximum power and 2 passes at 600 feed and there is no cut,
there is almost no depth,
at the same time, in the settings I do not find the possibility of cutting. there is only a perforation mode.
by the way, in perforation mode, the machine burns holes from the first pass
So I want to know if this function is not in the trial version ?? Or this program is not suitable for
Atomstack A5 20W ???

in the laserGRBL program the cut is obtained

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.